Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yet another technique we learned at Stenciled online card class was using embossing paste and a stencil to create a card.  I decided to try Spackle instead, since the embossing paste was a little pricey.  I got the Spackle at Walmart for about $6.  Then, I mixed it with some black acrylic paint before applying it to my card base over a zebra stripe stencil.  Below is the completed card.



Some bonus techniques were shared with us as well.  We learned how to create our own stencil using acetate and a die.  I decided to just use staz-on ink and a flower stamp on the acetate.  I colored the flowers using Souffle pens by Sakura.  Below is the card I created.


Finally, we learned how to use the negative space of a leftover sticker sheet as a stencil.  (Once you've used the stickers, the leftover outline can be placed on a card and used as a stencil.  Below is the card I made using this technique.  I originally had all the flowers on one sheet, but decided to cut them apart and arrange them on the card differently.  Here it is.  



No comments:

Post a Comment