Friday, January 10, 2014

Below are a few of the cards I've made in the last year.  One of my favorite things about making cards is learning and using new art techniques for applying color to the background of the card.  I'm really excited to be taking an online card class called Stenciled.  This Easter card was made by using a brayer and a multi-colored ink pad by ColorBox called "Playground" to apply the background color and then tracing an image onto acetate.  I used Crayola window markers to color the image.  The image is a digital image that comes from Meljen's Designs:



The child's birthday card was done using digital images from Pink Cat Studio and my own handwriting.
This Christmas card was created using a gate-fold card, heat embossing and dry embossing.  I got the idea for the gate-fold card at StampTV.
I used some peel-off stickers on this female's birthday card.  The stickers are outline stickers, so you can apply them to colored card stock and fussy cut them out and then apply them to your card.  You can't see it, but the cover is trimmed to reveal the Happy Birthday message which is actually on the inside of the card.  You can get the peel-off stickers at Elizabeth Craft Designs or PaperWishes where they are called "dazzles".
I used peel-off stickers on this masculine card, too.  To color the image, I used Zig memory system pigment ink markers.  I've have them for about 13 years and they still work!

2 comments:

  1. oh my! I love your style. your cards are really delightful. they will make someone so happy! I love the colors you choose also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katrine. Making cards makes me happy! :)

      Delete